Topic: Goodnight Arne Weinberg.

"After 10 years of releasing music under my name “Arne Weinberg” I have decided it is time for a change. I will not release any new music under my real name anymore, and the last release as “Arne Weinberg” will be a remix for AUX 88 on Puzzlebox later in 2011.

I will continue to do music, as this is a very important part of my life, however, I have decided to follow my heart and stop doing the style of music that I am mostly known for, often described as detroit techno . It is time for me to move on and find new challenges and push my personal sonic frontiers.

I will continue my “Onmutu Mechanicks” project (dub techno, Echocord) in the future and there will also be my “Tangula” project that I will use on a non-regular basis to release techno and electro if I feel the urge to do so. Also my label diametric. will continue as before, releasing music from artists such as “FBK”, “Optic Nerve” or “Morphology”. Artists I believe in, no matter what kind of music they do. In fact, the next release on diametric. will be a new 12” by “Tangula”, out by the end of october with some of the last ever techno tracks I made.

My primary focus will be on my new main project “Valanx” that I will use for total musical freedom. I have made too many compromises in the last years regarding club compatibility and certain expectations about me and my music. I am not able to continue with such regulations anymore and sacrifice my personal interests and feelings in my music. Electronic music should not be judged by the fact if a DJ can play it in a club or not or if it’s trendy. “Valanx” will be my answer to this ignorance. No rules to fulfill any expectations!

I also won’t do any further DJ or Live Performances of any of the projects in the future anymore. I am not a part of today’s club culture anymore..

I hope to find openmindedness and understanding from the people that have continued to follow me and my music through the years. Thanks for a decade of your support and thanks for listening! Please give me and “Valanx” a chance in the future.

I look forward to hearing  your feedback on the first “Valanx” release due early 2012 on diametric. It’s going to be a very dark, eerie and otherworldly affair. Expect the unexpected.

With kind regards,

Arne Weinberg"

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

Re: Goodnight Arne Weinberg.

I've always known Arne is one of the few real music lovers in that scene, not caring about status and cash. He makes the right decision.

"A Real Music Hater"

3 (edited by kuczera 2011-09-06 06:21:51)

I look forward to hearing  your feedback on the first “Valanx” release due early 2012 on diametric. It’s going to be a very dark, eerie and otherworldly affair. Expect the unexpected

looking forward

Vlam Aan

Not talking about the second part here of not doing any more gigs, but for the first one: Hopefully more to follow! I feel that there so much producers out there that are trying to do exactly what he describes - being able to follow standards and constantly compete with an existing musical league that is starting to swallow their own innovations on a cumulative base. Good luck to a musical talent!

5 (edited by jonny five 2011-09-26 19:43:05)

kind of interesting that he should feel limited by his own name of all things. i agree with his sentiments on the whole though, music only intended for club use is not a wide enough aim for music. there are a lot more possibilities.

Interested to hear what he comes up with now. I liked quite a few of his releases.

Good luck A.

In a world where the dead are returning to life, 'trouble' loses much of its meaning.

www.abstract-forms.com
www.abstract-acid.com

Interested to hear the new sound. Maybe he could do live show in the future if it was something interesting or site specific. Good luck with the new projects.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Leo Slayer wrote:

Interested to hear the new sound. Maybe he could do live show in the future if it was something interesting or site specific. Good luck with the new projects.

yeah, he should consider non-club live shows. saw a couple of cool shows lately like that, bruce gilbert from the wire live in a gallery in the tate britain and mick harris playing drones in a carpark in peckham. totally different to playing to people in a club i guess.