76 (edited by kuczera 2011-10-03 05:03:57)

Re: OUT SOON - Elec Pt.1 - We Play Acid - Mini LP - Abstract Acid

well mr deixis how about it? it's been 6 weeks since i've paid

Vlam Aan

Bandcamp really is the last nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned.

Monkey see, monkey do.

I wonder were the records are man

Shouldn't be long, just waiting for the vinyl to arrive, hopefully by next week.

In a world where the dead are returning to life, 'trouble' loses much of its meaning.

www.abstract-forms.com
www.abstract-acid.com

good to see the discussion still alive..;-)

infiltrator: while there is a different approach to dance music than to, say, krautrock, what you say is nonsense. you sound like my 80 year old father in law..;-) "Dance music is not artistic and cultural enough to sustain"..
and most pop music isn't made as throw-away trash just for the moment? come on, all genres have 95% trash and 5% gems. and if what you say is true, then why do people pay hundreds of euros for original italo, disco, and even early house records?

in general though, of course its hard to start a new label. not only now, but also in 1961, 1971, 1981, 1991, 2001 and 2011. no one knows you and the industry isn't exactly jumping up and down for another new label. it takes years to build a name and following. clone, bunker, etc also didn't get there in one year..

Abstract Forms wrote:
Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

the difference between the old days and now is that new releases back then didn't mention the sentence "limited to blabla copies, no repress" although many of the releases were limited. It's really sad that labels need to mention this nowadays to be able to sell some of their records. Is this really how the potential buyer thinks now? "if it's not limited I don't care". That's sad.

I think its better to let the customer know if something is limited, otherwise they might miss it and so even more angry emails. "Why didn't you tell us it was limited???" Cant please everyone.

that's not how I meant it but whatever. This record still rocks, too bad I'll never have it  tongue

"A Real Music Hater"

Shipping Monday.  big_smile

In a world where the dead are returning to life, 'trouble' loses much of its meaning.

www.abstract-forms.com
www.abstract-acid.com

good news

great news

http://abstract-acid.com/images/AACIDLP001_Cover&InsertLR.jpg

big_smile

www.abstract-forms.com
www.abstract-acid.com

ok so as promised i've arranged for a repress of this (no artwork, just plain labels).

Please email info@abstract-acid.com to reserve a copy.

www.abstract-forms.com
www.abstract-acid.com