Topic: inkel mx 991

hi all,
i am considering buying an INKEL MX 991 mixer. it looks old and interesting and it has an on board analog delay (so i heard).
only thing is i couldnt find much information about it online, not to mention samples.

of anyone has some 1st hand experience with it or an opinion, i'd love to know.
if someone has some samples, especially of the delay- that would be out of this world!

thanks!

Re: inkel mx 991

they are pretty limited but sound really nice, you can also use it as a submixer.. The echo is nice but simple as far I can remember.. Dont pay too much, you see them quite often over here for around 50 eur

crippletoe wrote:

hi all,
i am considering buying an INKEL MX 991 mixer. it looks old and interesting and it has an on board analog delay (so i heard).
only thing is i couldnt find much information about it online, not to mention samples.

of anyone has some 1st hand experience with it or an opinion, i'd love to know.
if someone has some samples, especially of the delay- that would be out of this world!

thanks!

TB or not TB

thanks!
do you know if this is actually an analog echo? perhaps i can bend it..

I'm not sure but I think it is.. Maybe ask Smackos cause he has one I believe..

crippletoe wrote:

thanks!
do you know if this is actually an analog echo? perhaps i can bend it..

TB or not TB

fuck just wrote a whole thing here about this mixer but then this stupids site cookie security thing fucked it up

whatever
Its cool, the echo is analog doesnt do endless feedback like an EHX memoryman or echopet but does the twiiiiiiiiiiiireeeeoooeppppllllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuii thing when you turn the time thing.
If ul isten to the track on my site below the racoon appearing from the picnic basket playing with the modified TR707 u can hear the mixer's delay and zompy EQ

wonderful!
thank you so much for all the efforts smile

cheers

Squadra Smackos wrote:

fuck just wrote a whole thing here about this mixer but then this stupids site cookie security thing fucked it up

whatever
Its cool, the echo is analog doesnt do endless feedback like an EHX memoryman or echopet but does the twiiiiiiiiiiiireeeeoooeppppllllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuii thing when you turn the time thing.
If ul isten to the track on my site below the racoon appearing from the picnic basket playing with the modified TR707 u can hear the mixer's delay and zompy EQ

took your advice, bought the mixer, hacked it (very easily) and took off!
check out http://eliadwagner.com/2011/06/27/dista … e-we-come/
this delay does get endless feedback these days
thanks!

Thats so cool. I need to buy more MX's and glue them together and make a giant 32 channel INKEL desk that will piss over any NEVE and certainly MACKIE. (And have a Dolby surround 5x analog delay unit)

Squadra Smackos wrote:

a giant 32 channel INKEL desk that will piss over any NEVE

That's quite a claim.

took your advice, bought the mixer, hacked it (very easily) and took off!
check out http://eliadwagner.com/2011/06/27/dista … e-we-come/
this delay does get endless feedback these days
thanks!

wow, very interesting... I shall dust off mine, thank you!
LL

and then, putting it to good use!

http://soundcloud.com/lmrfrms/shorts-12