Topic: Finally robots is back

man i missed you guys.  i'm still just a face in the crowd.  thank goodness.  new girl.  haven't been home much.

morgan giest is playing on saturday should be decent.  rob hood on dec 15.
cfa exam classes have started.  brutal.
getting cold out.
no new records... but i've been scouring the web sources.
has anyone heard the l.i.e.s. stuff?  good?

Re: Finally robots is back

welcome back.

everyone seems to love all the lies stuff i havent listened to it all. get the paranormal soul album if you haven't already.

3 (edited by scott_neon 2012-12-07 23:29:09)

yeah welcome back, the forum is quite quiet these days, or so I've found.

The L.I.E.S stuff is really good, one of the freshest labels around. Ron Morelli spoke about being really influenced  by the late 90s/early 00s Hague scene, Bunker etc. The label is hard to pin down, some really experimental lps like the Jaliya Fields stuff, then some stripped to the bone dance mania style jackers, and just some totally sick acid stuff.

The Steve Moore - Panther Moderns 12" is amazing and the U 202 release...............

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHgi22tpYCE[/youtube]

They are re-pressing some of the lies white labels n' stuff...look out for that, as far as forums go...isn't everyone on faceboke & twatter these days?,

Let's get Dumb

DumbBot wrote:

..isn't everyone on faceboke & twatter these days?,

Yes, forums are a dying breed
Come join us on FB so I can creep at tagged photos of yer Disco Belly(TM) at the front of whoever's decks'

I know you'll soon buckle smile

No way,...i find the way you interact with a forum much more on your own terms, i think FB is very intrusive...besides i'm not very interesting & i don't have any friends. The anonymity of forums suits me just fine, now go stalk someone else.  lol

Let's get Dumb

i personally am not on those parasitic network site.  i like robots.  it;s way better.  no photos and shit.  plus there are no chicks i am trying to meet on here. 

you know what though.... morgan giest officially sucked ass.  i mean wtf is going on?  I saw juan(ito) atkins this past summer at the drake hotel in toronto (where i live)  as he was anus as well.  like seriously weak beats.  repetitive, simplistic basslines... jsut weak... you know.  on the other hand dave clarke and kevin saunderson were ultra awwesome.  i just dont know.

i am going to see robert(o) hood this weekend.  i hope to rave my ass off.  howver the last time i saw robert(o) 6+years ago on a sound system with no bass, it really hurt my feelings.  i have a lot of m-plant and detroit.  i will feel validated if robert(a) plays dean and delucia.  the first track on side A.  i used to trip out so hard on lsd to that track...

DumbBot wrote:

i think FB is very intrusive...besides i'm not very interesting & i don't have any friends. The anonymity of forums suits me just fine

yeah +1
Resiiiiiiiiiiistance !

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

closed my account a long time ago but i found facebook an empty experience then. there are plenty other distractions which are more rewarding. forums have structural integrity and a weighted focus whereas facebook is like drifting aimlessly on a sea of public opinion and sterile narcissism (that i can find on tv should i choose to switch it on).

Yeah and you get that sense of community on a forum. Facebook is all about self-promotion.

discogs too.   there's less dick-sucking  which is a welcome thing for me.  although you still see it from time to time like in the new purchases section or when legowelt decides to pay a visit

Could debate the pro's and con's of FB all day, but...the only reason I use it to gain material for the wank bank

Basic Aly wrote:

Could debate the pro's and con's of FB all day, but...the only reason I use it to gain material for the wank bank

That reminds me...

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

I am led to believe 99.9% of the internet is made up of fapping content...not sure that a justifies owning a FB page  tongue

Let's get Dumb

never has man had ready access to all the information that has come to be known. the wealth of the ages mere milliseconds from his fingertips.

but that will never top a nice pair of tits.

DumbBot wrote:

I am led to believe 99.9% of the internet is made up of fapping content...not sure that a justifies owning a FB page  tongue

You dont get to 'fapp' over your friends and familys private pics tho
Number one reason for having it.

They should get you the facebook promotions team Don, however enticing that may sound i still think I'm better of without FB  lol

Let's get Dumb

update : rob hood sucks ass.  seriously.  like as bad as facebook.  seriously!  i went to his jam here in toronto this weekend...

dom and roland is slamming though.  that big bang album is soooo badasss!  i was chilling in the truck after the hood jam to that album.  smokin' hot...

just wanted to report yet another weak weekend in toronto.  you are not missing anything. 

like even the after hours was hurting.  crystal meth heads all going off to pks pks pks pks.  some bitch actually stole my beer!!!  no class.