Topic: Nord Modular G2 Problems

Hello robettes and robots,
i have a problem with my nmg2. the output signal (on output 1/2) is very low. i used the original clavia patches. some patches are louder or have a higher output but not high enough. volume gain is full open. you can hear the sounds, but the most are too quite. if i use my roland juno 106 i have a outputsignal which is perfect to work with. 
does anyone know something about this problem ?

Frisbee is my passion

Re: Nord Modular G2 Problems

Hi sL, I have the G2x and I do not have that problem... did you check the master settings to see if there is some fixed gain adjustment and how
it is set?

I have another problem, looks like that the G2x is too sensible to CC overflow and crashes tongue but I guess I have to live with it...

Alex

3 (edited by computerdisco 2008-09-16 18:34:07)

alex_d_steak wrote:

Hi sL, I have the G2x and I do not have that problem... did you check the master settings to see if there is some fixed gain adjustment and how
it is set?

I have another problem, looks like that the G2x is too sensible to CC overflow and crashes tongue but I guess I have to live with it...

Alex

Cut down CC with the CC filter! big_smile (in your sequencer, cubase logic ect ect..)

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

sl:
since when do you have that problem? was it from the beginning?
and how do you monitor the nmg2 / juno? outputs straight into interface -> software -> output pair of the interface into monitors ..? or how do you have your stuff set up? you could plug your headphones in the outputs of your synths and compare them like this so you see if the problem is at the synth output or somewhere in the signalflow... just some thoughts to maybe narrow the problem source.. as you know i don't have nmg2 myself but if the problem is signalflow we can maybe sort it out
--> kannst ja sp

5 (edited by sL 2008-09-16 20:47:04)

@ alex

thanks ,  i cannot find master settings. i put up the patch level  and now its a bit better.  but i think thats not all. is it possible that a new synths gain is full open and a old synth need for the the same level the half gain ?  iam not really happy

Frisbee is my passion

try to add some levelamp at the end of the patch or something like that ...

touch your fear, dont be afraid!