Topic: Juno 106 load save patch data

Here's a nice one :

I recently got a juno 106 for relatively cheap cuz it had 1 filter vca chip down.I also had another one with 2 chips down.
After some soldering I got a fully working juno 106 smile 1 chip (analog renaissance clone) coming from the old one and the rest from the "new".
problem is that my bank A with all the memories was in the old one.The new one has totally different sounds.

Suppose I don't want to swap the cpu boards (although both are 106,internally I noticed several differencies between the boards). I was trying then to use the load/save to tape data feature. First I tried to backup the old juno data into protools 24 bits 48 Khz.Data was there but when verifying it,the error message pops up.

So I thought maybe for some reason the digital support won't work,it needs a real tape!

What I also tried is : connect the 2 juno together so one is "saving" its data into the other one that is in "load" mode.
Theoretically it should work right? And no matter of level,digital or audio tape and or other possible problems..
Yes..but guess what? Error message on the receiving machine...so my patches are still locked in the old,unused one.

Any help? Do you think it's possible that the 2 juno,coming from different versions of it,have a different way to implement the modulated signal,used to load/save the data?

Any experience? I'm gonna try to use the old tape machine and let you know...

Greetz.

Re: Juno 106 load save patch data

do a sysex dump on your pc (using midiox or sendsx for example) then send the data to the working juno.
It should work, unless there is something weird going on

3 (edited by Rproductions 2008-09-21 14:06:03)

Sysex dump?!
Thought not possible but I see in the manual that is possible indeed,
thanks big_smile

Nice looks like I can hook up the 2 junos by midi and transmit everything,tone color included....
the old juno is the master,the new one the slave and when I select a patch in the old one is transmitted to the new one at once!
So I save in the new one and problem solved smile

4 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2008-09-21 16:32:50)

I once made a tape recording of my patch banks (luckily I did, cause the battery is dead as we speak). I have the tape now in my computer. I noticed that it actually works better with a lousy bitrate... When used it as a 44.1 Khz 16bit file, things went wrong (error message), but with a 11KHz 8 bit recording it went well. Dunno why, I guess it's a bit more compressed that way? Whatever reason, it works. Also make sure you get a clean signal, and make sure that on playback the sound is nice and loud but not distorted.