Topic: Tickle - Good love/bad love - Story behind?

Ive had this tune written down on "mp3 wantlist" for years cause i got curious what it sounded like. Now i cant remember exactly where i heard about it, but im guessing the cbs in some topic. But i cant find that topic now. Anyways, found that list again the other day and found an mp3 on soulseek...then i do a search and find this youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdKmYDrg7v4

I really like this tune, you gotta hear it a few times to take it all in. Some of the guys on the comments are very sceptical cause label looks new etc..and surely its not an italo tune, at least not in the traditional sense. It sounds detroit-chicagoish or something US, but cant read the label to get the names.

So , anyone know more about this mutha?

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

Re: Tickle - Good love/bad love - Story behind?

Instant hit!

Can't read the names on the label also.
Found this http://www.mixpan.com/labels/Fast-Forward-Records Same label? The samples are (also) housey but not same quality as Tickle.

"Are you loving?"

3 (edited by automatique 2008-11-03 16:20:14)

Yeah heared it several times in the last months. Like it very much. But I guess it's a marketing trick to make the people get hot to sell more copys. Remembers me of Mt. Sims - the sounds and the way the track is done... the voice sounds a bit similar too. (http://www.discogs.com/artist/Mount+Sims)

i'm not feeling this at all..

Heil CBS

i call shenanigans. this def does not sound like it was made in the 80s. and i don't mean that in a "compliment" kind of way.

6 (edited by Scarface 2008-11-03 16:33:03)

@automatique
Don't know that Mt. Sims. But seeing him released on Gigolo now Tickle reminds even a bit of Foremost Poets - Moonraker. A little far fetched but I mean that Tickle sounds like traditional house but made today (like Foremost Poets though that was also some years ago). I even hear some Legoweltisch/Squadra Blanco sounds (bassline that comes after 2m30s) in them...

"Are you loving?"

@scarface: listen to his albums 'ultra sex' and 'wild light' - they are full of these sounds.

I remember listening that ultra sex LP in the shop when it came out. Didn't buy it (maybe because I was blinded/deafened by the Gigolo-stain on it :-). Shall have a listen again to refresh my memory.

"Are you loving?"

what's the mystery? read the info on youtube...

10 (edited by Scarface 2008-11-03 20:00:41)

hans olof wrote:

Where can it be bought? That's a big part of the mystery to most of us I figure.

"Are you loving?"

11 (edited by Vomatron 2008-11-03 20:58:03)

Edit: ok i think i can sort of understand what the info means now, the guy supposedly wants to release it when he has more money. Bit confusing since the comments are from before he changed it. I agree that parts of this song gives it away as being something newer, particularly the bass but what about vocals. I dont like the tempo of it but when you turn the bpm down its good. But i think this may be one of those songs that first hit you as good but then after some time it fades.

What i dont get is that if this is mt. sims (who i admit i hadnt heard anything of before), and he now admits it was a scam, how can it be hard for him to get it released?

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

Had been wondering about this for a while as well, frankly i'm suspicious about the story from the way it sounds. Its all too well balanced. Either way, i certainly wouldn't be ashamed to play it (probably pitched down) and think the vocal is brilliant, but wouldn't pay silly money for it.

Vomatron wrote:

What i dont get is that if this is mt. sims (who i admit i hadnt heard anything of before), and he now admits it was a scam, how can it be hard for him to get it released?

Where do you see him admitting what was a scam?

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:
hans olof wrote:

Where can it be bought? That's a big part of the mystery to most of us I figure.

it can't be bought. the guy pretended to have found some old track to hype it up. but after some people saw right through his carefully planned hoax, he admitted to have made it himself and says he is saving up money to press it.

15 (edited by Scarface 2008-11-03 21:35:29)

hans olof wrote:
Scarface wrote:
hans olof wrote:

it can't be bought. the guy pretended to have found some old track to hype it up. but after some people saw right through his carefully planned hoax, he admitted to have made it himself and says he is saving up money to press it.

O.k. and "this guy" is Mt. Sims or not? Do you read all this in the youtubecomments?

edit: o.k. found it "**update** 9/08/08. I'm hoping to make this 12" available soon. (need to save up a little more mulaa). Maybe in the next month or two.. "

But I don't see the connection (or hard proove for that) with Mt. Sims...

"Are you loving?"

i have no idea who it is, i never mentioned mt. sims

17 (edited by Scarface 2008-11-03 21:45:19)

No you didn't. Automatique heard some resemblance in the productiontechniques of Mt. Sims and this track by Tickle and Vomatron goes on with:

"What i dont get is that if this is mt. sims (who i admit i hadnt heard anything of before), and he now admits it was a scam, how can it be hard for him to get it released?".

It almost seems like it's already proven that Mt. Sims is behind Tickle (?). I just listened to some of the samples of his Ultra Sex LP but that's electroclash and way different than this housey Tickle-track. I don't hear any resemblance Am I missing something here?

"Are you loving?"

"Ultra Rare Italo"

smile

hm, have heard this one before. i agree its sounds and vibe have some similarities to some stuff mount sims did/ does. but i dont think the voice really fits, which of course doesnt proof the contrary. just dont think its mount sims..
also i found a dl-link with google, claiming track was from 85. but i most probably wouldnt believe. could be the same guy that posted it on youtube, but who knows..

.."this world`s a bubble"..

http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/154137 same topic, some more conjecture that its a fake ...

21 (edited by Vomatron 2008-11-05 13:23:22)

fistondub is going a bit nuts there yeah. What im just curious about is that it sounds well produced, and if its someone

it's a new record for sure, the beat is just to flat
sounds like a computer

Vlam Aan