1 (edited by sneakthief 2009-10-07 15:16:20)

Topic: For Sale: Yamaha RM1x

For Sale: Yamaha RM1x

(sold)

http://sneak-thief.com - raw electrofunk

Re: For Sale: Yamaha RM1x

Heh, I have one as well, which is originally owned by a friend of mine (but he has many of my synths as well)...
Even if I made some interesting music with it, I could not really "feel" the way that you would compose with that..
and with the 7k as well.

michel is an amazing man. he can do many things mere mortals can't!

Its so easy you can make a whole track in 5 minutes with that thing

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Its so easy you can make a whole track in 5 minutes with that thing

How is that compared to software (like ableton etc.) ?

I took a look at those boxes before but didn't had the opportunity to really test one and as a "beginner" (with not much gear yet) I only have some experience with software sequencers...

Its not comparable imo, its a hardware sequencer that sends out MIDI signals, Ableton works with audio wavs (I think...)
But I never understand Ableton so I really don't know how that stuff works...so I might be wrong there might be some things that are the same.

I know it works 1000 times faster to use a hardware sequencer (Also MC500, MMT-8, Those Korg things, QY70 etc.).

Sneak are you coming to the Tresor Saturday?

ableton works with midi signals too  and is a killer with audio wavs

David Vunk wrote:

ableton works with midi signals too  and is a killer with audio wavs

yes, there are huge possibilities...and ableton is really fun but I thought using a hardware sequencer is something I should try too.

so this rm1x (and others) can't use samples?

No samples just MIDI (or internal rompler synth of the RM1x but thats the same as MIDI etc.)

if you work mostly with software, you can use it to send midi to vst synths too..

alex_d_steak wrote:

Heh, I have one as well, which is originally owned by a friend of mine (but he has many of my synths as well)...
Even if I made some interesting music with it, I could not really "feel" the way that you would compose with that..
and with the 7k as well.

yes same here. i think it's because it pushes a certain way to work towards you in expense of being easily accessible. i didn't have that problem with mpc2k, the interface is much more transparent there.

Monkey see, monkey do.

i kind of miss my rm1x. i will probably get a new one some day. it's retarded in some ways but great in other ways.. i had a hard time getting 150

@Biotek
I have the MV8800, and I feel much better using that than the RM1X. I think that everyone has its preferred userinterface smile

Sneakthief showed me all kinds of functions that I didn't know where in the machine (I still think they are totally useless wink )

That might be a cool thing of the RM1x /Yamaha sequencers you can use it from many different angles, its interface is very "open" and can adjust to how you work or something.

Strangely I had the exact oposite with the MPC2000 unlike biotek (for me its very blocky & spartan), but yeah its what you like and how you work and what you are used to

But I need to get that QY700 typewriter thing

I have the MV8800

Never worked with one of those is that still based on the MC500 sequencer?

definitely not smile it is like having some sort of cubase in a MPC like case smile
it has got a colour LCD screen plus VGA out and mouse, in case you want to use it with a screen..

then it has got this COSM algorythms to create these virtual effect and a monosynth as well..
I think that it is on the style of the MPC, but it is definitely a different instrument.