Topic: Tb 303 faulty buttons

Hi,
I guess this is a common issue,press the button once and the step in memory are 2 or more...
anybody knows a good tech head here in holland that can fix it?
Or where can I get the parts?
I can do soldering,if it's not too hard I can replace them myself...
Tnx

2 (edited by cimabot 2008-11-14 12:51:43)

Re: Tb 303 faulty buttons

...isn't it just a sticky contact? mine had the same problem before servicing... maybe a good clean would do?

chipforbrains on ebay sells replacement boards.

they work great.

4 (edited by INTERFUNK 2008-11-14 14:41:29)

..not boards but tap/buttons - so you need to solder them yourself - they are really great - not as poor as the pots they are selling.... my resonance pot is crackling after 6 weeks .....

i have heared that they are also going to make new replacement tb303 cabinets that should look as origiginal as they should be - they wanted to release them this summer - but still nothing on the market.... maybe next year...

Orgel!

wow fast feedback thanks guys!

I would like a new case for my 606 fo sho!

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

I've been on ebay page of chipforbrains but they don't have anything,
is stuff I need to order?

http://www.vintageplanet.nl/

This is the part you want:
RL-13129715    Push Switch (all functions)  . . . . . . . . . N       0.72    0.86

yeah vintageplanet has pretty much everything.

computerdisco wrote:

I would like a new case for my 606 fo sho!

there shall also be some for the 606 -- don

Orgel!

11 (edited by no-fi 2008-11-15 04:06:01)

INTERFUNK wrote:

..not boards but tap/buttons - so you need to solder them yourself - they are really great - not as poor as the pots they are selling.... my resonance pot is crackling after 6 weeks .....

they sold me 2 entire populated 303 button board assemblies. Maybe 2 years ago now? Was a 20 minute job to replace, and they work great in both my 303 and ed's 303.

shame about your resonance pot - ed's needed replacing a while ago and I think he went to chipforbrains for that... it seems to work fine. for a while he just had wires coming out of the 303 resonance hole, to a litte box with 2 separate pots in it, as the resonance pot is dual gang - this gave the ability to adjust the resonance in a really interesting way... but was very flimsy and dodgy looking..
:-)

rproductions: just find any chipforbrains auction on ebay and email them with what you want - they have heaps of stuff, and it's not all listed.

Check out Robin Whittle's analysis on the res pots.

http://www.firstpr.com.au/rwi/dfish/pot-wear/

skkatter wrote:

http://www.vintageplanet.nl/

This is the part you want:
RL-13129715    Push Switch (all functions)  . . . . . . . . . N       0.72    0.86

Nice,that site rox,
they're also from Amsterdam big_smile
Just ordered the full 24 switches set...

you should go and pick them up from Senso.. he lives almost straight above the dijkman music store... cool guy.