Topic: recording problem - help

ok, im probably being really dumb here, but...
can't seem to get my MOTU 828 mkII to properly playback. im using tracktion to record, and it's working fine, but when i playback in the program, i get nothing. i can export to wave/mp3 and it will play fine out of the motu, but i get no sound while in tracktion. i've tried assigning every possible output, and still no sound. very frustrating...im sure this is a super simple fix, but i can't seem to get it going...

2 (edited by victor robots 2008-12-05 02:15:40)

Re: recording problem - help

Hi, note that the first inputs you connect your machine (1 & 2 are for the speakers),are 3 and 4(in stereo)and in your sequencer(logic,ableton,et.c...)too,not 1 & 2.
can be that?

hmm...not sure what you mean by that. i've tried assigning every channel to ouptut and still no sound...

err, fixed it...very easily. was having a not-smart moment. nevermind!!

SOS wrote:

err, fixed it...very easily. was having a not-smart moment. nevermind!!

You cheat.. Don't leave out the fun part.!

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

hahaha, just wasn't properly assigning the channels in tracktion - i went through and enabled them all, hoping that one would work, but forgot to click "make default"...duh...it just had to be assigned to the first and second outputs...i knew it was something simple and stupid... *blush*...

Hmm... That wasn't much fun. Well... Hope something good comes from your setup.! :-)

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud