Topic: What is the street price for a QY700

currently, in europe/Holland?

Yamaha QY700

Re: What is the street price for a QY700

I looked on synthforum, but to my surprise hardly any have been offered in the past 3(!) years. Last one was 225 euro in September this year, then the guy I mailed you about (who, I found out now, has it for sale since May 2007) and then there's an add from January 2005 where they asked 400...

3 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-12-14 22:42:51)

Ok I hope that guy works out with a price somewhere in between

edit: hey I see there is also a QY300, never knew that one existed, or was that one only in Japan or something?

I looked for you on a couple of market places. Did not find a 700.

I found some offers from germany:

http://berlin.kijiji.de/c-Musik-Film-Bu … dZ85976345

from 07.11.08 ....but he wants 690

Is it a Yamaha reputation thing? I see the same thing with the RS7000 and the DX series: sometimes you see them dead cheap, sometimes you seem for doubtful prices.
But since they don't seem to be for sale that often, I reckon that if you really want one you shouldn't let the deal blow over 50 euros. I dunno, but I think I wouldn't.

MrWho wrote:

I found some offers from germany:

And I'm curious about the smaller one, the QY-70
whats the price for that one? there are several on ebay and it seems to be very handy but is it really useful?

The thing with the QY70 is that its sounds really good, its internal rompler is miles better then the RM1X somehow, there are some drawbacks like you can have only 6 variations within a pattern but you can mute/unmute tracks manually or just put a few patterns after each other. The QY70/100 seems to be floating around much I seem them as cheap as a 100 euros, but normal price is 150 - 200. Almost the whole Rise and Fall of Noriega album and stuff like F.Mavelli was made with it (and its internal sounds) so you can listen how it sounds

Supposedly the QY700 is the "best" hardware sequencer ever made according to reviews, I guess that might be true if its somewhere between a QY70 and RS7000, I am just looking for something that is a bit sturdier then the RM1x's, it also looks cooler I guess. The song mode on the QY700 works differently like a cubase thing I've read.

8 (edited by victor robots 2008-12-15 01:55:23)

Smackos,when you use the QY70 and the electribe esx on live performance,what do you do with the electribe? you put tracks inside or only sounds/samples or what?

btw,here in spain cost around 400-350 here http://www.hispasonic.com/comunidad/ven … l#p1554836

or 250 euros here http://www.hispasonic.com/comunidad/qy7 … l#p1471829

:s

Its got sequence patterns of the tracks I made with it (Gladio and Salamandos etc. is all ESX) it sequences sampled loose drumsounds and there are 2 synth parts in it which you can play like a monophonic synth, there are some looped samples too with 303 riffs, you can do a neat trick with that and change the start and ending point for ghetto oldschool Parish Mitchell dancemania style.
Its nice too work with but unlike the RM1X and QY70 and RS7000 etc. all the parts in the ESX are monophonic so that is a bit limiting...but the really cool thing with the ESX is that you can program and record it 100% live like a TR606

So basicly I have 2 or sometimes 3 (with the RM1X or MPC2000XL) individual sequencers running so I can mix them like a DJ set a bit and it also gives a more "colourfull" sound spectrum or some shit like that. Sometimes they are synced with MIDI and sometimes its fun to sync manually.

10 (edited by victor robots 2008-12-15 02:33:36)

haja, and the microkorg? apart from using like a vocoder.
wish i have people here in that "machine world" to teach me but i

The microkorg is being sequenced by one of the sequencers

Recon its still about

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Supposedly the QY700 is the "best" hardware sequencer ever made according to reviews, I guess that might be true if its somewhere between a QY70 and RS7000, I am just looking for something that is a bit sturdier then the RM1x's, it also looks cooler I guess. The song mode on the QY700 works differently like a cubase thing I've read.

I just started messing around with cubase sequencer.. i kind of like it.  Pretty good at making you arrange shit.

I have a rs7000 -- is it possible to dump the midi info from cubase (with all the cc 'envelopes') to it? I would imagine it being a pain in the ass if it is possible.

rsprats wrote:

I have a rs7000 -- is it possible to dump the midi info from cubase (with all the cc 'envelopes') to it? I would imagine it being a pain in the ass if it is possible.

It's possible.  You just need to record the MIDI output of your tracks in Cubase into tracks on the RS7000.  Just make sure the RS7000 isn't filtering out CC messages and it should work fine.

15 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2008-12-15 21:55:55)

rsprats wrote:

On the RS7000 you can load SMF (Standard Mifi Files). I only once loaded single midi loops (like 4 measure basslines, that kinda stuff) from Ableton using that, and it worked fine. But I'm not sure how exactly the RS treats midi files with more then just note information cause I simply never tried it. But load -> import -> SMF, that's the function I would try before anything else.

Good point...SMF is certainly the most efficient way to do it if it works.  My experience is the opposite of Brian Chinetti's - I've only recorded note and CC info directly into the RS from Ableton or a G2.

The qy700 has chord memory. That's always a plus. I wonder how it uses it.

Squadra Smackos wrote:

edit: hey I see there is also a QY300, never knew that one existed, or was that one only in Japan or something?

Odd coincidence...I was looking through an old (June 1995) copy of Keyboard magazine just now, and there's a rather detailed review of the QY300.  So I guess the QY300 was available in North America.  It looks like the QY700, but with a screen about the size of the RM1x/RS7000.  Seems pretty powerful too.  I can scan the review and post a link if you like.

300 is just a less powerful version..

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Yeah thats ok no need to scan I am getting that 700, the 300's probably were available here too but got lost in the obscuriosa drawer or something

Sounds good.  I think the 300s were in the same drawer over here as well.  The only time I've seen one is in this magazine review.