Topic: Vintage France

Do any of you robots know if this label is doing these reissues from masters or are they vinyl transfers?

Vintage

Re: Vintage France

hmm not really sure.
it seems it's a label of the guys than run nuloop mailorder so i don't think it's pure boot (they have money)

3 (edited by xebeche 2008-11-25 17:02:02)

Nuloop dosen't carry them digitally , if it was theirs you'd think they would have them. :S
I don't care if they are vinyl transfers done right like FD edits or Radius SuperRadio series , it just sounds (from samples) that they are bad quality transfers.

4 (edited by Tottieheid 2008-11-25 19:21:20)

xebeche wrote:

Nuloop dosen't carry them digitally , if it was theirs you'd think they would have them. :S
I don't care if they are vinyl transfers done right like FD edits or Radius SuperRadio series , it just sounds (from samples) that they are bad quality transfers.

I picked up #4 (Hypnosis/Gaz Nevada) & #6 (The Creatures)...mostly they don't sound like bad transfers, i've had no problem with distortion or crackling...but the B side of #4 (Special Agent Man/IC Love Affair) does sound like it's been transfered far too quietly, which disappointed me after hearing the orginal with headphones on...jury's out I guess...

@ Tottieheid
That's helpfull. Im almost certain they are transfers now , if you listen to # 1 samples they sound super bad ,  so does Moonbase.

bought arpadys/peter richard one - does sound a bit like a vinyl transfer to me. would not trust samples in the online stores however.

xebeche wrote:

@ Tottieheid
That's helpfull. Im almost certain they are transfers now , if you listen to # 1 samples they sound super bad ,  so does Moonbase.

no worries cool wish i'd been able to say that everything was gravy...shame, but i'd not think about playing IC Love Affair out off that 12" now, & i'd been aching to drop it...best stop buying new releases & shitty bootlegs in order to afford more original pressings! hmm

8 (edited by xebeche 2008-11-25 22:41:51)

I guess its cool to have them only as digital, but to do bad vinyl transfers to vinyl again is just awful. I don't mind paying

bootlegs are nice....
reissues are ... better....
originals is the real thing ....
(if you got enough money ...)

ancestors from another galaxy

Tottieheid wrote:

but the B side of #4 (Special Agent Man/IC Love Affair) does sound like it's been transfered far too quietly,

yeah I had this aswell.

triton wrote:

bootlegs are nice....
reissues are ... better....
originals is the real thing ....
(if you got enough money ...)

in some cases reissues are far superior in sound to originals...sometimes the only perk of having an original is nice cover art or bragging rights...

Reporting back on these boots , so i bought Hypnosis & Moon Base wav format and they sound fine.  No digital sand , gain if fine also. Moon Base to start with is pretty lo-fi ish so no i wasn't expecting magic there , as  for Hypnosis i would have to hears CDS on Gloden Dance Classics to compare but vinyl ive heard dosent sound too far off from boot.