1 (edited by t_k 2008-12-28 04:57:02)

Topic: MIDI foot controller

I've been thinking about getting a DSI Mopho to use with our two man drums /guitar combo. It would be a DAF sort of bassline machine running off the internal sequencer.

They way I understand it is that the Mopho stores four sequences for each patch (i e the sequences change when te sound changes?)

I figures I could then launch and switch between the four sequences with a midi foot controller.

I'm thinking something like this:

http://www.tech21nyc.com/images/moose_image.jpg

four buttons for the four sequencer tracks and two buttons to go up/down through the banks to change songs sorta thing.

They all seem kind of expensive though. Maybe it's cheaper to get a third band member smile

Any tips?

Re: MIDI foot controller

Buy an old Kenton Control Freak on Ebay for $150 or so and use any pedal with it. They come up from time to time and are amazing. I have the Studio Edition and it only cost me $128 in an auction.

you can't really switch between sequences like that, all 4 sequences can be routed to almost anything and run simultaniously. so you would have to turn one off and the next one on.

@hans olof: okay, I think I get it now. It's just four layers of sequences running at the same time. My mistake. If I understand you correctly I could just duplicate each patch and transpose/change the sequence, and switch patches instead of sequences?.

@plikestechno: do I really need that Kenton thing? I mean even if the pedal is limited and only sends certain midi notes or values, can't I set the Mopho to respond accordingly?