Topic: What to do with cds?

I've got about 400+ cds that I've now moved with me to three different countries. They weigh a ton and I never listen to them. I've got them in binders, so I can't sell them now. What should I do with them?

It seems such a waste to have gone through the trouble collecting them, but at this point they feel like an albatross that I'm forced to carry around on my travels.

Even ripping and then chucking them seems sort of exhausting at this point.

Any suggestions, robots?

Re: What to do with cds?

hmmm...pretty hard...same here ( only i'm with cassettes )

What music is on those cd's? I might spare you of some of them. ;]

lärm macht spass!

whats on them?
you invested money in them so either sell them or put them in storage if you dont have space now, or your about to upsticks again.
otherwise give them to me...

5 (edited by elec pt.1 2009-01-18 14:17:35)

no worries they are in binders, as long they not burnt cds put em as "lot 400+ in binders" on evilbay, name the style, maybe 20or 30artist... .better earn a bit money and they are gone, than travel them the next years around...

Every Friday Night We Dress In Black

ripping them should be your priority, maybe hire a kid to do help or something

then of course you can make weapons from them
http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FEH/ZD33/6S2EZ7BF1PT/FEHZD336S2EZ7BF1PT.MEDIUM.jpg

I've ripped mine something like 10 yrs ago + put them in storage, and from that point on saved hauling them through several countries whenever I moved. Even though it was a bit of a pain, it was still worth it. From time to time, I do even listen to some of them, even if rarely.

Ive got a collection of a 1000 odd, personally i will never get rid of them, not until theers a nuclear war or sumting, i really like listening to a cd.
Ha ha I remember when i was in college 10 odd yrs ago having to lug a big box of cds with me at holidays all the way across britain so i had something to listen to at my parents, that just seems insane now.
Well my brothers going through a cd crisis right now too, he thinks they take up too much space, so hes selling of lots. I dont get it though, he could give them to me, i hope aswell he dosent sell any of mine grrrr!

"positive mutation!"

Get rid of your vinyl, they weigh tons more than your bunch of CD's and start listen to them again
While you can still make some money out of your vinyl now, you can buy new CD's you like big_smile

Strictly Rockaas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWnqBqTElew big_smile Sorry, just a joke, no serious suggestions.

I've got 2000+ CDs. Not lloking forward to moving them next year. But I'm keeping them for sure, still buying as well.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

I have at least 1000 CDs, and will keep them since a music collection is a music collection, no matter what the medium. Probably best to rip them and put them in storage.

cds can be recycled.