Re: mr pauli - Jap Fab EP

The only problem is that I can't dance to it!

zijn ze allemaal appelblauwzeegroen?

love to have one

i believe they're all the same colour
but i'm not 100% sure..

waiting for the postman to bring it any day now

haven't bought records in a long while but I have to pick this one up!!

sexy vinyl!   congrats pauli I will scoop this.

I really like the collab w/ms fortune.

-tp

superb tracks, superb label & superb color of vinyl.

conclusion: superb release!

not surprisingly, getting into it 8)

btw, who are these "depeche" Redulce guys on b 1 ? I like it somehow, but it is kinda surprise for me to hear it on a Pauli record. isnt it hard on the edge? anyways, the record is a must wink

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Killer release!!!

good one for sure,love all the tracks

and indeed b1,reminds me a lot of Depeche mode(but that ain't a bad case)

B2 is huge !
Great record again smile

I have the white label, but this official pressing looks so good ...

Sogar die gr

ordered a copy .......

ancestors from another galaxy

beautiful release. picked it up at a party (where you could also buy some records) last weekend. like it a lot, esp that eva w. one. nice!

.."this world`s a bubble"..

Hey Pauli, in the mid of september I've made a review about Jap Fab. If you like to check it, click on
http://www.technodisco.it/2008/09/lazarusscifilofi2/
greetings and contratulations for your music.

just got this on itunes ... like it ... especially jap fab and eva w. I just with the vocals on pick up the phone had not been autotuned ... also the harmonies are a bit much at the end otherwise it's all good and Nancy Fortune is on top form!

43 (edited by mr pauli 2009-01-05 16:03:52)

sorry a bit late reply smile

captain duran wrote:

btw, who are these "depeche" Redulce guys on b 1 ? I like it somehow, but it is kinda surprise for me to hear it on a Pauli record. isnt it hard on the edge? anyways, the record is a must wink

This is Redulce  http://www.myspace.com/redulce
I friended them on myspace a few years back and besides me just being a sucker for everything 80's and pastel colours smile
i just liked the singers voice a lot so i asked them if they would like to put vocals to one of my tracks.
You can listen to a remix i did for them on their myspace. That would be even harder on the edge for the average robot.
...but something like this would have been hardest on the edge wink  :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2WQiPn … re=channel
LMAO every time hahaha...at 2.08 he even busts some robot moves !

Marco Tulio Thrash wrote:

just got this on itunes ... like it ... especially jap fab and eva w. I just with the vocals on pick up the phone had not been autotuned ... also the harmonies are a bit much at the end otherwise it's all good and Nancy Fortune is on top form!

Yeah Nancy Forune did a great job didn't she ?!
Well i didn't use autotune on the pick up vocals , but it is possible the guys used it themselves before they sent me the vocals.
I do remember still hearing some slight human imperfections in the vocals when i was working on the track,
but you could just as well be right. Except for that one Cher song i wouldn't know how to spot autotune.

Kenzaburo wrote:

The only problem is that I can't dance to it!

Yeah my intention was also a little bit to release some tracks that aren't necessarily dance music for a change.
Listen music so to speak, hehe..
But if you put Eva W at +3 you can do the Carlton dance to it :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8

believe me, i did it big_smile

Loving Jap Fab for long time. Eva w pretty cool too, liking the more 'acoustic' feel.

Having vinyl in your favorite colour? It's the best thing.... eva

I.

Very cool mood in track 4 eva w.

copied from another thread:

Squadra Smackos wrote:

The guy probably just sings like an autotune (you can also use it on a normal pitch btw), mostly of the long parts he sings the eeee and aaaa's and ooooo's they are all stretched out without almost no imperfections, they way he pronounces those: iiiits yooooour faaaaace I seeeeeee its yoooor vooooooice i wannaaa heaaaaaaaaar. I guess thats were the autotune joke comes from.

Ok because i wanted to know myself too, today i contacted the Chili connection for the final answer
on the auto tune situation.

He says he did use auto tune , but ONLY slightly on the lowest parts of the verse.
The almost spoken word part. Not on the higher pitched long parts Smackos describes,
although now i can see why some people might think that.
.. it makes sense cause i can remember they were seperate recordings , the verses and the chorus.

He had a cold the day he did the verse, and couldn't reach the lowest parts that day.
Normally he avoids it, but he thought he was singing some demo versions just for me to listen to.
Never thought about me being so happy with the vocals i immediately put them in the song  lol
I didn't know about that until today, haha

So there it is. The final definitive answer to a not so important issue, because i had really never noticed it before.
...and believe me i listened through that track more than a human brain can handle wink

http://b5.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00948/58/26/948576285_l.jpg

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)