Topic: San Francisco

Will be in San Francisco Oct 12 - 18. Any parties / concerts on this time ?

Re: San Francisco

if you're into vinyl, make sure to reserve at least 2 days to do some serious digging..

aka Open Mind Records (if it's still open, it's a nice second hand store with big crates of techno and house, hip hop and some disco) , Amoeba Records (the super market of 2nd hand music), Groove Merchant (small hand picked 2nd hand store specializing in Soul, Funk, Disco, Jazz)

Is Open mind records the store with the racist ashole behind the counter?

no
that is the one with the good records underneath.. not on haight street

isn't open mind the one by castro on market? close to limelight? i like that store, not super cheap but everything was on sale since they're moving.
there is a cool place on the intersection of grant/green av. full of instruments, weird old stereo gear and a basement of 1000's of records. the one that pissed me off this time was recycled records on haight.. i've been going to that damn store since 1987, but this time their prices on some not-at-all rare stuff were just rediculous. records you find for 2 dollar somewhere else are 12 now in their store.. no thanks!

the SF stores were a bit dissapointing for me this time.. i found much more in the 2 big ones in berkeley.

rude66 wrote:

the SF stores were a bit dissapointing for me this time.. i found much more in the 2 big ones in berkeley.

Same with me the last time I went about 4 months ago...I actually found some good wave stuff in the Rasmussen's basement in berkley.

Ah yeah, the rasputin in berkeley i like too. Some time ago  someone must have let go his acid house, detroit techno collection. So i could score some nice records. essit musique for 3 bucks

...any recommendation for cheap flights from berlin? i`d like to go in summer 09 but it is damn expensive because of school vacation...maybe there`s an airport near by which is cheaper to fly to or something....

tips for nice/fair-priced accommodation are also welcome..2 persons/3 weeks....also possible to swap with my place in berlin...

thx!

any updates/ more recommendation on good places for records here (SF) at the moment? i'll be leaving this sunday and going to be there for a few days then head down back down to big sur and camping for a few more days before going back down home.. any info would be appreciated.

ty.

http://loudfarm.com/
all SF parties in one portal.

cool. thanks!

that loudfarm website did not have any dj shit on there! guess there are no electronic stuff on that sight!

I am planning a trip to SAC/SF soon and want to do something cool but............

listening to shit I dont like happened the last time I was there. I will make sure that shit doesnt happen again!

the scene is kinda crappy, but sundays at the paradise lounge with honey sound system is great. 

im going to try to play some live acid sets this summer, it seems like some people are ready for it.

partyeffects.biz also throws parties sometimes too.

-Andre

"yeah yeah thats right"

word! when I go i will definitely try to go to that! will also check that sight too and definitely send email to touch bass in case you know of some way cooler shit going on.