Topic: le Provence

Ok, in a few weeks we'll be visiting the Provence again and I was wondering if someone can help me out with the most important what to do on holiday question that rises every year: 'where can I find some nice recordshops' and/or brocantes? smile

we are located near the Verdon so these cities are an option for a visit: Arles, Avignon, Aix, Marseille, Toulon, Draguignan, etc..

thanks!

(ps; other good to do tips are also welcome offcourse  wink )

TB or not TB

Re: le Provence

I've only been on a record hunt in Avignon and Aix. In Aix you can't find much, though there is a FNAC (don't think it has vinyl, or not much). Avignon has more shops (with vinyl), the best are in the Rue des Fourbisseurs, there's also Sound System, 38 Rue Carnot (has a lot of gear too).

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

forget records here, go for real shit: wine, olive oil, fishes, etc...
and Provence is a lovely lady, but you have to deserve it...

The Provence is wonderful, been there every year for the last seven years or so. The weather, the food, the "paysage", the pittoresque villages, the nature, the wine, the southern lifestyle,... Of course it isn't the place to go record hunting, but this hasn't stopped me from finding some nice hidden gems (library music, 70's space disco,...).

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Agence Internationale wrote:

forget records here, go for real shit: wine, olive oil, fishes, etc...
and Provence is a lovely lady, but you have to deserve it...

he he, offcourse.. but:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iUgaWeMHV8

and we dont deserve it, we own it wink

TB or not TB

Klart wrote:

The Provence is wonderful, been there every year for the last seven years or so. The weather, the food, the "paysage", the pittoresque villages, the nature, the wine, the southern lifestyle,... Of course it isn't the place to go record hunting, but this hasn't stopped me from finding some nice hidden gems (library music, 70's space disco,...).

yeah, the provence is great.. 10 years ago I wouldnt gave a shit about sniffin the lavender while holding a nice wine and hearing the cicadas jam. But now I cant wait getting there.. and every year we try to visit some cities and I cant help checking out the local record stores (found some nice stuff in Aix the past years). But thats not the reason for visiting the Provence..

thanks for the replies!

TB or not TB

ps: even the home-grown tomatoes are worth going there, they easily beat the dutch waterballoons also called tomato smile

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:

ps: even the home-grown tomatoes are worth going there, they easily beat the dutch waterballoons also called tomato smile

Eating those tomatoes made me realize we are being conned by our groceriestores, big time.

Starborough wrote:
Freek wrote:

Eating those tomatoes made me realize we are being conned by our groceriestores, big time.

we might as well shove them right up the place where the sun doesnt shine smile

TB or not TB

oh I'm jealous! want to go there too!

yea i dont eat tomatoes unless im in south of france
i found nice records in montpellier once, and also at a tiny place called Il sur la Sourge (spelling?) on a market.
Mainly I love to visit the vinyards, last time i was in France my favourite wine was from Laudun and Chusclan, especially R