Re: Apocalypse Now appreciation thread

Did you know they actually killed that water buffalo?  Kind of fucked up

mushaden wrote:

Did you know they actually killed that water buffalo?  Kind of fucked up

yeah, that seemed 10 times to real to be fake. They cut through his shoulder so fast you couldn't even see any blood! Poor guy.

damn we see 5 billion people die and go insane guts on the street style, and you worry about a waterbuffalo while eating steak with chickendressing and salmonsauce.

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

didn't mean to turn this into a PETA thread... but killing an animal just to film it is not cool in my book

what is kool is the soundtrack, i have used certain bits of the rekid so many times, I kind of know it by heart
"assume attack formation,, We comin north out with the rising sun, and about a mile out will put on the music.
MUSIC?   yeah we use Wagner scares the hell out of the slopes, the boys love it" as a set intro.
them intro bits with the chopper into Plastic man

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

mushaden wrote:

didn't mean to turn this into a PETA thread... but killing an animal just to film it is not cool in my book

If I remember correctly the villagers were going to kill the water buffalo for food anyways, so Coppola decided to film it, kinda like Deodato's Cannibal Holocaust's animal killing scenes.

Ah, well that's okay then.  I didn't know that about Cannibal Holocaust either

my dad got drafted and did a tour in 68. he doesn't talk much about the war but he said out of all the war movies he's seen, this movie most closely captures the chaos and mood of what it was like to be in the vietnam war.

worship the potentiometer.

he's lucky, not many soldiers got to surf in vietnam

Bankie Phones wrote:
mushaden wrote:

If I remember correctly the villagers were going to kill the water buffalo for food anyways, so Coppola decided to film it, kinda like Deodato's Cannibal Holocaust's animal killing scenes.

Even if it is for feeding people, I can't look at those kind images. I hate animal torture (and this also why I won't never watch Cannibal Holocaust too).

come and see         anno 1984  is the best war movie