Re: Berlin - Prenzlauer Berg - a nightmare?

neeee, ne Berlinische Installation, siehste die Lampe nich?  lol

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

102 (edited by Andi de Luxe 2009-09-04 03:24:33)

Hi, I am new to that forum. Hello to everybody. Here are my 2 cents...

Prenzlberg and Friedrichshain can be nice if you don't look only on the Kollwitzplatz or the Simon-Dach-Kiez. I have moved to Berlin a few months ago and found myself an old but cheap appartment with stove heating "between Friedrichshain and Prenzlberg". From my flat i can see the new chic yuppie townhouses at the former Schlachthof area, too.

A lot of people from my hometown Hannover live here in Berlin, now. Berlin is big, but almost all of them live in Friedrichshain, only a few in Prenzlberg and some in Kreuzberg. Of course I new Berlin as a tourist, but the only thing I have heard in Hannover was "Go to Friedrichshain, this is really cool!":

Maybe me and all these Neuberliner are exactly that kind of neighbour some native Berliner might hate so much these days. And what can I say, I can understand all those who were born in Friedrichshain and Prenzlauer Berg or lived there for a very long time. These new citizens have some irritating behaviour some times, maybe me too, strange rules I am really amused about. I remember some native Hannoveraner that say to me: "Oh, now EVERYbody is coming to Berlin, hm...?". Sometimes it is like a real tournament: "Who lives longer in Berlin", "Who knows the true true underground clubs and bars..." or "Who is able to avoid tourist behaviour...".

Fortunately, I get some Berlin coaching, now. Yesterday a friend told me that here in Berlin only tourists wait at red lights and cross the street when it's green. I thought to myself "Or do only tourists think about red lights and their behaviour when crossing a street... haha!". And I am wondering about so called Berliner that moved here in 2005 and show off as as a fighter against something they caused some years ago and still do so: "gentrification". I recommend movements like "Versenkt Mediaspree" but I am not sure about clubs like "Bar 25". I have been there only one time but for me that Bar 25 is a perfect symbol for gentrification. Isn't it the "Thorben" of the clubs...?

Btw. thanks for the link to that nice Zeit article, sehr am

Need some new edits and mixes? dikso.blogspot.com

hi Andi from Hannover.

Andi De Luxe wrote:

about clubs like "Bar 25". I have been there only one time but for me that Bar 25 is a perfect symbol for gentrification. Isn't it the "Thorben" of the clubs...?

lol   nice written

Andi De Luxe wrote:

(fashion) punks in Kreuzberg

= Ed hardy punks big_smile

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

80% of our "scene" moved to Berlin, it started already in 1990. Today they live all across Berlin and when i am there i have lots of kreuz und quer driving to do, to visit them smile From Oekos to Punks to Art Scene, they all went to Berlin and only a few return, if at all smile

Reality is just a simulation

could be interesting, for you & me. smile

BERLIN 24 HOURS  start tomorrow, Sep 5, 6:00 am on Arte & RBB - "24h Berlin" life on TV, mega marathon project.

http://www.spiegel.de/images/image-10785-panoV9-gkdl.jpg

discogs sales 

captain duran wrote:

= Ed hardy punks big_smile

Ed hardy, ed hardy... ah, now i know... yesterday i have seen some "ed hardy" car seat covers at my local toom baumarkt.

Need some new edits and mixes? dikso.blogspot.com

yes, "finally" to get at Toom, hehehe.

discogs sales 

It's online now @ ARD mediathek

http://ardmediathek.de/ard/servlet/cont … 90D5F44F62

109 (edited by Maiovvi 2009-09-07 18:43:12)

Andi de Luxe wrote:

Fortunately, I get some Berlin coaching, now. Yesterday a friend told me that here in Berlin only tourists wait at red lights and cross the street when it's green. I thought to myself "Or do only tourists think about red lights and their behaviour when crossing a street... haha!". And I am wondering about so called Berliner that moved here in 2005 and show off as as a fighter against something they caused some years ago and still do so: "gentrification". I recommend movements like "Versenkt Mediaspree" but I am not sure about clubs like "Bar 25". I have been there only one time but for me that Bar 25 is a perfect symbol for gentrification. Isn't it the "Thorben" of the clubs...?

I'd hardly call the Turkish population who wait at red lights in Wedding "tourists".

also I've had some good times at Bar 25 on those instances where there has been something else going on other than minimal techno.

i never was in BAR 25 but this year in GOA i met some guy who told me that he is spinning there - but he played only minimal techno ...

i hate soccer

Minimal Techno is over, now it's all about congas and stuff!!!1

yeah congas n bongos and someone called it "reihenhaus" recently... like the ones captain spoke about smile

btw. graefekiez goes like this: "kreuzberg is 1000 times better than yuppielike prenzlauer berg" and then comes "torben, would you like to have some "dinkel-kekse, before I put you back into your bugaboo and we head for yoga-class"

haha, Dinkelkekse. Reminds me of this nice text http://www.salbader.de/heft/nummer37/005.html/ (sorry, only german)

haha! great one, fred...thanks smile

115 (edited by frigid 2009-09-17 03:46:32)

. bionade biedermeier ;)

I'm going to buck the trend here and say that I quite enjoy living in Prenzlauer Berg (on Kastanienallee actually). Then again I'm not allergic to having showers. wink

I was lucky enough to visit Captain Duran's shop just before it closed in 2008. There are a few other good record shops around too. Also I DJ proper electro in Dr. Pong around the corner regularly, so if you want to get your Midnight Star fix come down on the 5th of Feb. As for this "too many babies thing", you people don't got nothin'. Ireland officially has the youngest population in Europe, go there if you want to see babies. Germany has one of the oldest populations in Europe, trust me, you need kids otherwise there'll be nobody to pay all your pensions when you're older.

frigid wrote:

. bionade biedermeier wink

very nice article, frigid (missed the post in september) wink

discogs sales 

You both missed my post from 31. august wink

@ skatter: we don't need babies - we germans are guilty as charged, now we dissolve ourselves.