Re: Berlinerbot

Hey, I'll be visiting Berlin from 21 to 26 October. Apart from that Loud-E gig on Saturday, any other recommendations on clubs etc.? Thanks! smile

Scott Grooves is playing Panorama Bar on the 23rd. Might be worth a look.

stan snackson wrote:
Mr. Satellite wrote:
El Replicante wrote:

OMG the amount of robots moving to berlin is steadily growing... I guess there will be some following in the near future...

I always wanted to move to some nice dutch town, but if this continue Berlin could be also an option.
The amount of good parties there is amazing.

Hehe, the new Robot headquarter.

move to a dutch town.  and take a life vest.  you will need it. in 10 years. stay away from berlin. they are rounding up foreigners and throwing them in the spree.  pronounced SprEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  it is cold in the SprEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.   no parties here.  just cement and frowning pe

depress the repress

stan is a joker. in fact he

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Frau Groen wrote:

Hello,

I used to be Joost/Starborough's girlfriend and I swopped my eventual driving licence for a pair of technics that I still

zo hoor/lees je nog eens wat
and i always thought the two of you fitted well together

go see loud-e and knueppel coming fri/sat it's fun, i think

Vlam Aan

Paudical wrote:

Yes, would like check, but Ill be in holland coming weekend...maybe check out a disco party with mr. Daniel Wang there. Also not bad.

@ stan: was hat dich so sauber gemacht? und die falafel ist ja krassssssssss.
@kirmes: yes, it will take its time though.. it's like a stimuli overload, this city. but ill find my way schritt fur schritt! I find the people not /really/ closed, but it's not that easy to make contact with a real berliner either. Where in Berlin do you live?

@frigid: Danke sch

32 (edited by stan snackson 2009-10-20 21:02:36)

captain duran wrote:

stan is a joker. in fact he

Uh

Frau Groen wrote:
Paudical wrote:

Yes, would like check, but Ill be in holland coming weekend...maybe check out a disco party with mr. Daniel Wang there. Also not bad.

@ stan: was hat dich so sauber gemacht? und die falafel ist ja krassssssssss.
@kirmes: yes, it will take its time though.. it's like a stimuli overload, this city. but ill find my way schritt fur schritt! I find the people not /really/ closed, but it's not that easy to make contact with a real berliner either. Where in Berlin do you live?

Frau Groen wrote:

erm, Frau Groen, we had not much time to talk, aber ich bin ein wasch-echter Berliner. wink  Also einen kennst Du schon.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

the ugliest thing in berlin is, after das drehmoment closed down, there are no good record shops where to go.

37 (edited by frigid 2010-02-14 07:43:55)

when I was there I digged I don't know how many shops to find almost nothing, frustration ... but hey, I live in z

39 (edited by Paudical 2009-10-23 12:14:10)

what about the fleamarkets? are they good? I'm planning to check out Boxhagener or Mauerpark this Sunday

(for records i mean?)

Paudical wrote:

I went there, not my cup of tea, so to speak. Still a great night. Looking forward to Renate tonight! smile

paudical:
i think mauerpark is probably a lot better for records. been to boxhagener twice, and both times they all know very well what they sell, so it's pricy, and theres not really much special stuff. but you might get lucky of course. smile heard good stories about mauerpark though... but i cant testify since the last time i was there, my girlfriend said i could absolutely not go crate diggin' because she would freeze and die.

Have never found many records in Mauerpark, hope it's better now. Always had good luck at Boxhagener, but maybe depends what you're looking for...

I'm a bit late to this thread but anyway: Hello! I'm Stephen and I used to live in Dublin. I moved to Berlin at the start of 2008 and live in Prenzlauer Berg (I'm 5 minutes walk from Mauerpark if somebody needs a crate digging wing man!). I find there are less proper electro/italo/disco related gigs happening here than there were in Dublin but still try to go out whenever I can.

There are lots of great records to be found in Berlin, you just need to keep digging. Me and Mr Electricity (he visits sometimes when he gets bored of Poland) agree that Spacehall is the best place we've found so far. I filled up on classic 80s electrofunk last time I was there and I think Simon managed to drop 200 Euro in an hour!

We should definitely do a Robots In Berlin get together sometime as there seems to be a lot of us! I regularly DJ at my local bar Dr. Pong (http://www.drpong.net), I'm playing there next on the 21st of November. I'm probably going to Psychic TV this Friday if there are tickets left and maybe that People Like Us. electro thing after at Warschauer Str.

skkatter wrote:

...if there are tickets left...

[url=https://www.hekticket.de/livegigs/.bin/index.cgi?tid=1154940911062200]22.50

frigid wrote:
skkatter wrote:

...if there are tickets left...

[url=https://www.hekticket.de/livegigs/.bin/index.cgi?tid=1154940911062200]22.50

skkatter wrote:

You going to?

! sure, wouldn

"marvelous tits"  -  hehehehe. nice

have fun guys.

discogs sales 

skkatter wrote:

We should definitely do a Robots In Berlin get together sometime as there seems to be a lot of us!

Yeap! Great idea

naks wrote:
skkatter wrote:

We should definitely do a Robots In Berlin get together sometime as there seems to be a lot of us!

Yeap! Great idea

I'd be on for that too.

skkatter, how goes it?

50 (edited by sharevari 2010-08-06 11:05:18)

Only 9 months too late here, but ich auch am a reasonably new Berliner (6 months), and would be up for a meetup. FrauGroen, skkatter, Paudical, naks, (and others), still around and up for it?

As a matter of fact, I'll be heading down to Dr. Pong tonight, are you still playing there regularly, skkatter? And yeah, you're not joking when you're saying the world's worst sound system. But it has a certain charm. smile

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → The Daily UFO → Berlinerbot

Currently used extensions: pun_approval, pun_admin_add_user. Copyright © 2009 PunBB